- Stores I like that are cheap: Rema 1000 and Kiwi. Watch for sales
- Bring a reusable bag with you to save a kroner
- Beans are actually very cheap and versatile so if that’s not usually in your diet, start now
- Two methods for buying gently used items: the Facebook page similar to free and for sale and 2) the “Fantoft Garage” hosted at the beginning of the semester until the stuff is gone. It’s a physical room where you can buy Ikea tables (as seen in the picture) for 15 NOK ($1.70), hiking boots, pans, etc.
- your toothpaste
- hair products (seriously)
- favorite food (I love Hershey’s baking powder because it makes THE BEST hot chocolate and mug brownies)
- that seasoning or spice you use in every meal at home